Botox/Dysport Post-Treatment Instructions
- Try to exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows or squinting). This helps to work the Botulinum Toxin into your muscles. Although this is thought to help, it will NOT impact your treatment negatively if you forget to do this.
- Do NOT rub or massage the treated areas for 4 hours after your treatment. Do NOT wear tightly fitted headwear across the forehead.
- Do NOT do strenuous exercise for 24 hours after treatment. Also avoid facials or saunas for 24 hours after your treatment. After 4 hours you may perform light exercise such as : walking, jogging, upright yoga and gardening. It is recommended that you wait 24 hours before commencing activities such as weight training, cross-training, long-distance running or yoga (positions where the body is inverted)
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after treatment. This is to avoid the risk of pressure on the treated areas (from your pillow) and to avoid the risk of having the area rubbed accidentally.
- Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you need to apply makeup within 4 hours after treatment, only use a GENTLE touch to avoid rubbing the treatment areas.
- Results of your treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect. Please wait until the 14days has passed before assessing if you are pleased with the results. A touchup may sometimes be necessary after your first appointment.
- Results typically last between 3-4 months in duration.
In most instances there will be no side effects. However, because everybody’s physiology is different, people can be affected in different ways. A small minority of people have reported the following side effects.
- Bruising: For the majority of patients, the area of injections will appear no different. For a small minority, some minor bruising may occur.
- Bumps: A few minutes after treatment small bumps may be visible on the skin. These will disappear very quickly.
- Headache: True allergies to Botulinum toxin are exceedingly rare. Temporary headache is the most commonly reported symptom following anti-aging injectables, though the numbers of patients who report headaches is very small compared with the number of treatments performed. Any headache can be treated with painkillers.
- Flu-like symptoms
Ready to Schedule a Consultation?
Drs. Warner & Ratkay offer a number of dental treatments that will keep your mouth healthy and your smile beautiful. Contact us today!